What is Four:One Journey?A 16-week course to address the complexities of life & build a better understanding of how God intended relationships to be lived.
“I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a
manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called.”
You can expect:
There’s a profound impact knowing that you’re not alone in what you’re going through. In a small group setting, you’ll find the support you need.
Through group dialogue, you’ll learn more about yourself, how to relate to others, and the truth of scripture.
The course-end retreat gives participants the chance to share their chance to share their journey and acknowledge the work still to be done. It’s a new beginning towards freedom in Christ.
You’ll meet these people on Four:One Journey’s video presentations over the coming weeks. Their specialty is helping people understand relationship dynamics, Biblical truths, and practical application of life challenges.
“I felt at ease sharing in the group. The insights I learned have completely changed how I parent.”
For those searching for…
A common refrain among participants are the words, “Me too,” “I hear you,” “been there.” There’s a profound impact knowing that you’re not alone in what you’re going through.
These are men and women who will lovingly hold your feet to the fire. They’ll be the voice inside your head when you need it most.
Four:One Journey is about uncovering your story and finding your worth. That’s done with the group’s commitment to compassion and confidentiality.
Statement of faith
- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is only one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
- All mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is therefore born with a sinful nature, lost in sin, and totally unable to save himself from the wrath of God, except by His mercy alone.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- Once a sinner has been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, he will repent and believe in Christ as Savior by the Word of God and will persevere to the end.
- Justification is by grace alone, through faith alone, because of Christ alone and through it, the undeserving sinner is pardoned from his sinful position and clothed with the righteousness of God.
- The Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and provides them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him in holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
- At death, the Christian soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God into condemnation.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
How do I know if I’m a good fit?
Since Four:One Journey is designed for Small Group interaction through the local church, you may discuss with your Pastor, Minister, or Professional Counselor your possible participation.
May I alter the material?
You may not. Four:One Journey is copyright protected. However, if you have suggested enhancements or suggested amendments we would be pleased to consider those.
What qualifications does a Small Group Lead have?
A Small Group Lead is not a Four:One Journey employee and serves voluntarily under the authority of their local church. Each church has the responsibility for establishing their qualifying guidelines. Four:One Journey can be led by either a gifted lay leader or by a licensed professional, but both would be serving under their church’s authority.
Four:One Journey is not available in my church. What should I do?
- You may want to consider joining a Small Group at another church in your area.
- If Four:One Journey has not established partnering churches in your city, you could enroll in the Self-directed Online Course.
- You may ask your church leadership to consider contacting Four:One Journey
What if a Four:One Journey SGL feels a participant needs professional or clinical help?
Since SGLs are not licensed counselors, he or she should contact their supervising Pastor or Elder and have a compassionate conversation regarding the participant. The church may want to make a referral to a trusted licensed professional counseling center.
Can I be a Small Group Lead (SGL) if I’ve never been to a course?
It is our belief that being a Four:one Journey small group participant BEFORE becoming a Small Group Lead (SGL) enhances an individual’s ability to connect with class participants. However, each church sets their guidelines for SGL’s qualifications.